Four Greenville County cities rank among the top-25 fastest growing cities and towns in South Carolina, according to new estimates released by the U.S. Census Bureau. The data shows the latest federal population estimates across the state, as of July 1, 2018. Comparing those figures with estimates from July 1, 2017, underlines the growth the Greenville County area is experiencing.
Here’s a look at how each of Greenville County’s six incorporated cities rank in growth rate between 2017 and 2018 and how that compares to the rest of the Upstate and South Carolina as a whole using the U.S. Census Bureau’s list of 271 cities and towns in the state.
1. Fountain Inn
Fountain Inn was the second fastest growing town or city in all of South Carolina between 2017 and 2018, going up from an estimated 8,654 to 10,019 people That’s a 15.77% growth rate, which is second in the state only to the town of Trenton, which grew from an estimated 214 people to 252 people (28.57%).
- Statewide rank for growth rate between 2017 to 2018: 2
- Growth rate 2017 to 2018: 15.77%
- Estimated population change 2017 to 2018: 8,654 to 10,019 people
- Population change between 2010 census and 2018 estimate: 7,799 to 10,019 people
- Growth rate between 2010 census and 2018 estimate: 28.47%
To read more goto greenvilleonline.com